Yesterday while I was getting ready for a dinner with my boyfriend’s family, I thought why not share this through Snapchat?! Below I’ll explain what products I used while getting ready and provide links to the products! Foundation and Concealer: For the evenings look, I primed my face with Benefit’s Porefessional before apply any make up to my face. After that, I grabbed my new foundation, Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Foundation in Medium Beige. I applied my foundation with Real Technique’s Expert Face Brush. I love this brush because it is so dense and blends foundation so well. Next, I reached for my current favorite concealer which is Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser. This concealer is great for concealing dark circles under the eyes and for covering spots. I blended this with The Painter: Airbrush Sponge. It’s a dupe for the Beauty Blender. I didn’t feel like fully committing yet to the Beauty Blender, but I might pick it up soon. It was one of the first times I’ve used an applicator like this and I absolutely love it! It blends everything very naturally and gets into every space nook and cranny of your face. After, I sealed everything with Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder and applied it with my ELF’s Studio Powder Brush, which is an oldie, but a goodie. Contour, Highlight, Blush, and Eyebrows: I contoured my face using Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer and using Real Technique’s Retractable Kabuki Brush. I applied the product in the hallows of my checks, temples of my forehead and on my jaw line and I make sure to blend it out. Next I applied BareMineral’s Ready Blush with a Kirkland Blush Brush. I applied this to apples of my cheeks and a dragged a little up along my cheek bone. I then reached for BareMineral’s Well Rested Face and Eye Brightener and applied to to the highest points of my face. I concentrated this on my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and my chin. I blended this out with my fingers and my Airbrush Sponge. Then it was time for eyebrows. I grabbed my trusty ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit. I have used this for years and never fails me. I applied it with an old angle brushed and brushed it out with a spoolie to make sure it’s not too harsh on the face. Eyes and Lips: I primed my eyes with NYX’s Eyeshadow Base with blended it with my fingers. I then grabbed for my Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadows Palette and used the shade Foxy all over my lid and applied Naked 2 and Faint in my crease. I used a Kirkland Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush to apply to all over color on my lid, another Kirkland Eyeshadow to apply the crease colors and used a Sonia Kashuk Large Domed Eye Shadow Brush to blend out the darker colors. After, I applied my L’Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner to make a slight cat eye effect. I then applied two coats of BareMineral’s Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara. This mascara is great for lifting and separating lashes without clumping. I then finished up the look with Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lipcolor is Crazy for Coffee, which gives a great mauvy brown color. I hope you enjoyed this post! Till next time!
Today, I thought I’d share with you my “Face of the Day” of my everyday products. Shown above are the products that I use on a daily basis. These products are some of my favorite and reliable products. I’ll start from left to right:
L’Oreal Colour Richie in Silky Java: The lipstick is a great neutral lipstick that easy glides on and a smooth a rich finish.
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Light: This is a light weight BB cream that gives great coverage on a casual day out. It last all day!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown: I’m still getting use to using pencil brow products rather than powders or wax, but I’m loving this product. The pencil can give a natural look to fill in your brows and you can brush it out with the other end of the product.
Tarte Amazonia Clay Waterproof Concealer in Light: This concealer gives great natural coverage with all day lasting power.
Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder: If you like to contour your face, this product gives a great natural shape to your face. It easily blends and doesn’t give any shimmer to give off a natural finish.
Maybelline Line Stiletto Eyeliner in Blackest Black: This product has been one of my favorites for a long time. This product gives a great opaque black color and last all day with greasy lids.
bareMinerals READY Blush in The One: I love this blush! A little bit goes a long way with this blush. The color is a nice natural rose color that looks great with all skin types.
Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara: This mascara does not clump. No matter how much you put on, it does not clump which is a great plus. This product last all day and easy to apply.
Benefit’s thePOREfessional: This product has easily become a holy grail product of mine. It keeps my skin oil and shine free and helps keep my make up on all day.
Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Powder Foundation in Medium 57: This powder foundation is a great full coverage foundation. Even without concealer or liquid foundation, it gives great coverage regardless. And also, a little goes a long way.
Since I haven’t done a Favorites post in a long time, I thought I’d share my October Favorites for this year. A lot of the items are beauty based, so enjoy! 🙂
Shown above are the items that I have been loving in the month of October. There are some items that I have featured before on here, but it just shows over time these items are an ultimate favorite! Now onto the items! These are in no particular order.
1. Maybelline New York – Line Stiletto Liquid Eye Liner : I’ve shown this item before but it has to be one of my favorites. I’ve strayed away from it before, just to see what else is out there, but I’ve always come back to my favorite eye liner. The one thing that I really love about this eye line is that is does not budge and that it is extremely opaque. I have really oily eyelids and this eye liner doesn’t move. The felt tip applicator makes it easy to apply and easy to handle.
2. NYX Eye Shadow Base : This product is a great base to use for any product on the eye. Since I have oily eye lids I use this for every day use even when I don’t wear eyeliner or eye shadow. This product helps control the oil that builds up on my eyelids. I use this in combination with my favorite eyeliner and it helps it not budge even more so that it already does. I bought this on a whim and I haven’t regretted it since.
3. E.L.F Eyebrow Kit : I have been using this eyebrow kit for years now. I really like the combination of the wax and the powder. I use this everyday and the think it is a great and natural way to fill in your eyebrows. I have tried just using different shades of eyeshadows and pencils, but I always come back to this item. The great thing about this is that it looks natural and its affordable!
4. Maybelline New York – Color Sensational in Crazy for Coffee : This lip product is really rich in terms of color and texture. This lipstick gives great opaque color. It gives a great mauvy color. I really love that it is a dark color, but it still seems natural. The great thing about this lipstick is that when the color fades it gives a natural lip color. And also, this lipstick last a long time as well.
5. Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer : I bought this item for a camping trip for easy and low maintenance coverage. After the trip, I started to reach for this instead of my normal foundation. I really like that this moisturizer gives good coverage but is extremely light on the face. Also, this does not leave a messy greasy residue. Also, a plus is that it has 30 SPF! Love it!
6. NYX Blush in Terra Cotta : In general, I really like NYX blushes because of the color pay off and the texture of the blushes. Recently, I got the famous Terra Cotta blush by NYX. I like to use this blush a highlighter instead of a blush. It has very nice sheen. I apply on the apples of my cheeks and along my cheek bones and it gives off a nice and natural looking sheen to the face.
7. Maybelline New York – The Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes Mascara in Waterproof : This mascara is amazing! Because of the angle of the brush and the way it is shaped, it helps lift and separate the eyelashes and makes it appear longer and more shapely! Also, the formula is really light and does not weigh down your eye lashes at all.
8. Victoria’s Secret Fragrance Mist in Love Spell : If you ever meet me in person, I will probably smell like this fragrance. I’ve had this body mist for the longest time because it came in a set. Usually I am not one to use perfumes or body mist, just cause I’m lazy, but after finally opening this and using it I am officially converted! I really like floral scents and lighter scents and this is exactly what this body mist smells like. I love that it’s not too overpowering, but you can smell it instantly!
9. Ray Ban Round Metal Sunglasses : My boyfriend helped me choose these glasses. I was really hesitant to get these only because of the shape because I have a round face. But I figured why not? The fucking fabulous! Everytime I wear these I feel like a bad ass! Even though these aren’t the normal type of sunglasses I would usually grab for, but these glasses give me a great deal of confidence. I love them and I happy that my boyfriend encouraged me to get these!
10. Daniel Wellington – Sheffield Lady Watch : I have mentioned this watch before, but I absolutely love this watch. I have two watches to choose from, but lately I have been reaching for this watch. My boyfriend got me this watch a year ago for my birthday/anniversary. This watch gives a great classic feel and it goes with every outfit. I love that this watch is too flashy, but it a statement piece as well. Love it!
Well, that’s it! Hope you enjoyed it my favorites!! I’m hoping that I’ll be posting more. Till next time!
Hi there! Yes, I know I haven’t updated this blog in such a long time and I apologize 😦 Recently, I have been working a lot and the days that I do have off I want to spend with friends, Wesley, or my family. But I’m here again with a haul! 🙂 These are just somethings I have picked up within the last month. Enjoy!
First up are my Beauty and Miscellaneous items 🙂
I picked up 6 Fragrance Refills from Bath & Body Works because they were handing out coupons once you headed into the store, so I couldn’t pass it up! haha. It was buy $10 or more worth of items and get an item for free. The fragrances I got were (Left to Right, Top to Bottom) ‘Tis The Season (I got so upset with the woman who worked there because I asked how it smelled like and she opened it and didn’t replace it… I should have said something… oh well), Caribbean Escape, Lavender & Vanilla, Eucalyptus Mint, Sweet Pea, & Winter.
Also at Bath & Body Works, as my free item, I picked up this Body Lotion in Orange Ginger. Apparently it will give you energy, we’ll see. I use to wear this in High School because I had a smaller size of it that came with a gift that I got. I like the smell, but I’m not excepting much with the whole “energy” thing.
At Target I picked up the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lipcolour in 520 Amethyst. Again, I was influenced by ItsJudyTime to pick this up haha. She ALWAYS wears this lip product, so of course I got curious! I really really love this color, but I find it to be a bit high maintenance with always having to put the lip moisturizer on, but it’s worth it.
I also picked up a foundation from the Maybelline Fit Me collection in the shade 225. I wish this thing had a pump, like for real. It gets really messy. The color is great and the coverage is great. The only probably I have is that throughout the day of wearing this, my face gets greasy as hell. I have oily skin, and this has a dewy finish so I get really oily sometimes. But I’m hoping that when it starts to cool down, it’ll work better with my skin.
The last thing I picked up from Target was a 1.5 inch Revlon Smooth Stay Straightener. I haven’t been straightening my hair these last few years because my hair super long, like almost to my but long, and the hair straightener I had doesn’t work well with my long thick hair. But I tried this sucker out and it works really well. It was a great buy for about $12! WOO WOO.
Now for my clothes.
I know it’s a weird picture. But I picked up these pants from H&M a few days ago. A lemme say, I love these pants. I have a bout 5 pairs of these pants, including this one, all in different colors. I mostly wear them for work since we can’t wear jeans or leggings as pants, even though a lot bitches get away with it. But I love these pants, they are so comfy! 🙂
Yes, I bought two of the same thing, but in different colors, and it’s not the only ones I bought LOL. I bought these 2 cardigans from H&M. They were having a buy one get one free special with some of their knit wear and I thought it was a great deal! I have been looking for plain, “professional” type of cardigans for a while and you can’t seem find any for a good price. SO I GOT IT! LOL
Yup, the same 3 skirts, but in 3 different colors! LOL DEAL WITH IT. Picked these up from Target a few weeks ago. I love these skirts! I think they are perfect for work or any casual event! I love the faux leather trim at the waist and I especially love the pleats! 🙂
Picked up a bright pink sports bra from Old Navy… nothing special. haha. Just needed a new one! 🙂
And now as a bonus….
hehe, my NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S3! 🙂 My birthday present to myself!… even though my birthday is next month, but whateves! I love my new phone. AND this is my first smartphone!… I know… shush! haha.
Well, that’s it. Hope you enjoyed it. Happy shopping!
Since September is just about to end, I thought it would be fun to put up some of my favorite items from this month. Hopefully I can start doing this every month. It’s a mix of beauty and non beauty items. Enjoy!
I’ll start of with my Simply Vera: Vera Wang studded t-strap sandals from Kohl’s. I love these sandals so much! I was very hesitant to pick these up because I’m not one for T-strap sandals because I think my toes look like sausages, but these worked out so well! Since the weather in LA is so terribly hot still, these are perfect for the weather because it’s so open. The one thing that drew me into these sandals were, of course, the studs and spikes on the back of them. I think that these sandals give a nice edge to any simple outfit. Some may think that studs and spikes may be too much and over kill, but on these sandals they are so understated and nicely placed.
My Raybans! I love these guys! As some of you may know, I am a glasses wearer and I don’t have the luxury to wear sunglasses from Forever 21 and H&M, because… I wouldn’t be able to see! haha. I have tried wearing contacts, and I actually did for a while, but they would always give me eye issues, so I just went back to wearing regular optical glasses. In 2010, I bought Rayban Optical Rx Wayfers to wear as regular glasses. After a while, I got sick of people staring at me while wearing these things as regular glasses that I decided to tint them and turn them into a nice pair of sunglasses. That’s why they are missing the signature Rayban logo on the lenses. I love them so much. They’re stylish and they keep my eyes safe! What more can you ask for?! haha.
This Blush from Forever 21 has been on regular rotation on my cheeks this whole summer. Unfortunately I don’t know the name to it, but I just know it’s from their Love & Beauty line. This blush gives you a nice pink/coral color on your cheeks. It may look really pink and bright with the swatch, but after you blend it in, it gives you the right amount of pink and glow on your cheeks. Also, I use this as both a highlighter and blush.
I recently picked up Maybelline’s Cover Stick from Target about 2 weeks ago and I have been loving it. I wanted to find a replacement to the Fit Me Concealer that I had been using because it was a bit too runny for me and I found this! It has a thicker formular because of the stick form that it’s in, which I love. It really covers up my dark circles and my acne scars on my face. Some people may think it’s gross because I apply it directly to my face, but whatever, I’m the only one using it, so I don’t give a shit! 🙂 But this product gives great coverage and it’s a good price as well.
I use to use the Garnier Wave Spray, but the local Target stopped selling it. I don’t know if they completely stopped making it, but I needed to find a good replacement, and I think I did! This is the Herbal Essences Tousle Hairspray. I love using wave sprays in my hair on days where I don’t feel like doing my hair and where I just want to get out of the shower and go. This spray gives you great waves and doesn’t make your hair crunchy, which is a major plus! Also, I’ve gotten a lot of complements of how great my hair smells whenever I wear this and everyone loves complements!
This is the ELF (Eyes Lips & Face) Tinted Moisturizer and it has an SPF of 20, which is great! I’ve been wearing this a lot because it’s just too hot to wear regular liquid foundation during the day. It gives light to medium coverage. The formula of this tinted moisturizer is very light which is great for hot weather. This product does not melt away right away and it doesn’t dry you out. It does give you a bit of a sheen finish, but what do you expect? It is a moisturizer after all, so if you put a little bit of powder over it, you’re good to go. It’s a great two in one product. Also, its just $3, can’t beat that!
So recently, I have been seeing a lot of Youtube Beauty Gurus RAVING about this product and how well it works, so of course, I got curious. I picked up the Maybelline Line Stiletto Liner about 2 weeks ago and I have been loving it. But of course, I accidentally picked up the BROWNISH BLACK color, instead of the BLACK color. Oh well, it’s still good. The applicator on this product is amazing. It’s very precise and gives you great control. The one thing that always worries me about liquid or gel liners is that they are going to smudge on me because I have really oily eye lids. Even when I prime my eye lids, the liners always smudge within an hour or so. This product stayed in place and I was amazed! Even when my eye lids were really oily and I was out in the heat, this product stayed put. I LOVE THIS!
Rose Gold has been in for a while now and I think will be for a long while. My boyfriend bought me this Fossil Rose Gold Watch on our anniversary while we were in Santa Barbara for the day. (THANK YOU AGAIN 🙂 I have been wearing this watch a lot this summer for work, dates, and regular outings. I think that this accessory goes with a lot of outfits and gives outfits a touch of class and elegants.
I have been wearing this multi colored ring, that my Lola gave me in the Philippines last Christmas, a lot! I think that this ring very subtle, yet a statement ring at the same time. And since it has all those colors, it can go with many outfits. I think it always goes wells with my Fossil watch, which explains why I’ve been wearing it so much. Haha. I think this ring is a classic ring and will never go out of style.
I have been wearing this Blush/Pink Chiffon Skirt from Forever 21 so much this whole summer. I love maxi skirts because one, you don’t have to shave your legs, and two, they keep you nice and cool without showing off the goods like a shorter skirt can. I especially love this skirt because of the light material that it is made out of. I think it’s a beautiful skirt with the color and the way it flows in the wind.
So there is my short list of Favorites from the month of September, hope you liked it 🙂