Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to Anacapa Island in Channel Islands National Park. This will mark the 13th National Park that we have visited together and we hope to go more soon! I made a short video of our day trip out to the island. There were so many amazing views from every angle of the island. Hope you enjoy the video!
Although I am a few days late, I wanted to take a moment and recognize the 100th birthday of the National Park Service! My boyfriend and I embarked on a journey starting in 2015 to see as many National Parks as we can and it just so happen that in 2016, it was the 100th year of the National Park Service. With knowing that the centennial was upcoming, we wanted to see as many national parks as we could during any time we could take off from work and free weekends (usually holidays). In 2016, we visited 9 National Parks and 12 National Parks in total. We hope to visit a few more National Parks before the year ends. We bought a year pass, so might as well use it! So far, my favorite park that we visited was Arches National Park in Utah. The beauty of this park is so amazing. I love desert landscapes and the natural arches and beauty of this park leaves me so speechless. This park tested my endurance and my strength and made me realize that I could overcome obstacles. My boyfriend and I have cherished memories in this park and I would love to come back and explore more in this park.
I recently watched a video from the National Park Service and it stated, “Enjoy what is yours. Protect and keep this great heritage.” I love this statement and agree with it so much. Go and explore your National Parks.
I love camping. I love being outdoors, enjoying the scenery, and being disconnected from society. Theres a certain clarity I get after each camping trip that I go on and I love it. It’s kind of a refresh from real life and great rejuvenation. There are many different ways of camping and I thought I’d share some outfit ideas for 3 different camping scenarios.
Glamping: Glamorous camping or “glamping” is a luxurious way of camping. When you are glamping you usually have all the necessities with you. Also, when you go glamping, you usually have a relaxing time and it can be like a spa like atmosphere. For outfits for glamping, I think keeping it really casual and flowy is very important. Since you will be relaxing for the most of your trip, keeping cozy during summer nights with chunky sweater and flowy shorts is an ideal outfit for trips like these.
Casual Camping: What I consider causal camping is camping at a set campsite with a great group of people and keeping the mood casual with light hikes and trips to a close lake. For this outfit, I think wearing athletic wear would be a great option. For the short hikes throughout the day, I think comfortable shoes like Nikes would be perfect for this type of outing. Also, keeping the outfit relaxed with the comfy tee and capris can make this outfit practical and casual.
Semi-Rugged Camping: Growing up I use to go camping all the time with my family, but it would be the type of camping at a designated camp sites with big groups of people. It was fun and I really enjoyed and learned a lot about camping when I was younger, but since my boyfriend and I moved out, we also started camping. We’ve done casual camping and we have done some “semi-rugged” camping as well. I’ve really enjoyed our rugged outings together. We’ve done a couple of overland trips in Death Valley, so we’ve had our car with us so we weren’t completely out alone or “backpacking”, which is why I don’t consider it completely rugged camping. But some may say it is since there are no bathrooms where we stayed. For outings like this, it’s important to be prepared for a range of different types of weather with having a jacket that can keep you warm but give you ventilation when needed. Also, since you will be going out through rugged terrain, having a good pair of hiking shoes will save your feet along with a good thick pair of socks. Another key item is having a good backpack that can keep your things organized and can distribute the weight evenly; it will be a life saver on your back. Also, it’s important to keep hydrated while out camping so keep a lot of water with you by either keeping jugs in the car or having a camel back or a bottle that you can refill in your bag.
I hope you found this post helpful and hope you enjoyed it! Enjoy camping! Be safe! Be smart and have fun!
About 2 months ago, I bought the Kat Von D “Lock It Foundation” and I thought I would do a quick review on my thoughts on this product.
I have only tried Kat Von D’s pressed powder foundation and really loved it, but sadly it shattered. I’m always drawn to Kat Von D’s products because I know they are pretty good quality, high pigmented, and full coverage. I went to Sephora looking for a new high liquid foundation. I was interested in the Kat Von D’s “Lock It Foundation” because it states that it is full coverage, 24-hour wear, transfer resistant, matte finish, fragrance free, and oil free.
I’ve been using this product for past 2-3 months and I have been loving it. A lot of product goes a long way. I only use about 3/4’s of a pump of foundation and it covers my whole face. I use this foundation almost everyday for work and it last all day. It fades a little bit, but for the most part it is long lasting. There are a few negative things about this product. One, this product is a bit messy (see picture). The product clumps up at the pump and leaks a little when you try to cover it. Also, the product is a little hard to blend in than most foundations. Because it is full coverage and matte, the product is pretty thick. It probably takes me twice as long to blend.
Overall, this foundation is great and good for full coverage and all day wear. I would highly recommend this for someone who is looking for a full coverage foundation, but if you need something more natural looking, I would recommend something else.
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!
Over the 4th of July weekend, my boyfriend and I went to explore Kings Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Park. Check out a quick video of our adventure!
Over Memorial Day weekend, my boyfriend and I went to Denver, Colorado to explore some national parks in the state and in Utah.
When we first landed in Denver we went straight to the city of Golden to see the Buffalo Bill Museum and Buffalo Bill’s grave site. The museum was about an hour away from downtown Denver and had beautiful views of the city and greenery all around.
After, we headed to our first official stop, Estes Park. The city is such a cute and quaint town. The nature within the town is beautiful. While we were here we went to see The Stanley Hotel which inspired the movie, The Shining. You would think the hotel would be creepy and scary, but it’s not too bad. It’s actually quite beautiful. My boyfriend and I also spent the majority of our time at Rocky Mountain National Park, right outside of Estes Park. Rocky Mountain National Park is amazing. The mountain tops were filled with snow and the valleys were so green and lush. There were moose and elk roaming the park. It didn’t feel real. When we were there, we hiked around Bear Lake and up Alberta Falls. Both had amazing view points. We also drove around Trail Ridge Road, which is actually one of the longest roads in the states. The road goes up to a high elevation and it even started snowing while we were up there. I wish we could have spent more time in the park, but sadly our time at Estes Park came to end and we were off to the next city.
We drove from Estes Park to Moab, Utah. We made a stop in Glenwood Springs in Colorado. We went to the Glenwood Cavern Adventure Park to check out the caves. We took a tour in the Fairy Caves and saw beautiful caves and and learned about how the founders travelled through the mountains in Colorado. After the caves, we headed to Moab to explore Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park. Both of the parks had amazing canyon views. We both love the desert and the landscapes that come with it. When we went to Canyonlands National Park, we explored the part of the park called “Island in the Sky”, which is the most popular part of the park. The other portions of the park are for back country hiking and off roading trails.
When we went to Arches National Park, we did some hiking to see the most popular sights in the Park. My favorite arch in the park is Delicate Arch which consisted of a hike up a rock face. Even though I felt like giving up throughout the hike, I knew the view at the end of the hike was so rewarding. We waited to watch the sunset at Delicate Arch. Even though it was really crowded, it was so beautiful.
After a view days in Moab, it was time to head back to Colorado. We were headed to Alamosa, Colorado. But on our way back, we stopped at Mesa Verde National Park. This national park was different that the other parks we had visited. Going to this park was like stepping into history. We got to explore the Cliff Palace. The tour included climbing ladders and going down steep steps and it was so worth it. After our tour we rested in Alamosa for the night.
The next day, we went to spend some time at our last national park, Great Sand Dunes National Park. This park was like seeing an oasis in the desert, but vice versa. The sand dunes were such a stark contrast to the Rocky Mountains in the background. At the dunes, you could rent boards so that you could ride down the dunes. We didn’t end up doing that, but we took our time roaming the dunes. After, we headed into to Denver to end our trip within a few days of arriving in the city.
This trip was amazing and even though we saw a lot and did a lot, it was all worth it. I am so happy that I got to spend so much time and make so many memories with my boyfriend, Wesley. There is so much more to see in Colorado and Utah and we hope to be back soon.
Thanks for reading! Till next time!
Recently, my boyfriend and I went to check out some National Parks in Colorado and Utah. During our trip we went to 3 National Parks in Colorado and 2 National Parks in Utah. We visited (in order) Rocky National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Arches National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, and Great Sand Dunes National Park. All the parks were so different and unique in their own way. I loved this trip so much!
Also, this year, all National Parks are celebrating the centennial! So go and explore your local National Parks!
Hello everyone! Today I thought I’d go over some of my current wish list! These are things that I have been swooning over for a while and hope to get in near or maybe even distant future. Even though some of these items are on the pricier side, I hope that if I work hard enough for it, I will eventually meet my goal and earn these items!
So, as you can see, all of the items are pretty much black. I’m not goth, but I just like the color black. #allblackeveryday. For me, I am so comfortable dressing in mostly black clothing. It gives me confidence and what’s so wrong with being confident in yourself? Anywho, on to my current Wish List.
- Adidas Sweatshirt – If you haven’t notice in the picture, I am currently really feeling active wear. I have been lusting over the old school Adidas sweatshirts. I think they are so classic and so simple that it makes a statement every time you wear it. Also, I think this sweater can be great for home use and even wearing out on cold summer nights. It would be so cute with some casual sneakers and a pair of denim shorts. I use to hate hoodless sweatshirt for some weird reason, but I have recently fallen in love with them. I love this sweater and hope to get it soon, but the $50+ price tag is really hindering my purchase. I think I’ll just have to get over it and just get it.
- Nike Leggings – Recently, I have had a workout kick, so work out gear has been jam lately. I love Nike gear and everything Nike. I have a few pairs of their sneakers, but really no clothing items… yet. I love the look of Nike leggings because of the Nike logos and slogans that are designed on the leggings. I love how some of the leggings have the print printed on both legs. I’ve never had a pair, but I have felt them and feel so comfortable and look so chic. I want it… I need it. You will be mine soon.
- FitBit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch – I have had a FitBit before, but sadly it has pooped out on me and for some reason doesn’t want to sync to my phone. But when it did work, I loved it. I loved that you don’t have to worry about it and you just wear it and don’t have to set it or anything. I have been really intrigued with the FitBit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch because it looks like great arm candy and it can keep you healthy.
- Nike Air Max Thea – I’ve never been a sneaker head and never really cared about my sneakers except for my Chucks back in the day. But recently, I have been loving Nike sneakers because of the great quality of shoes and it feels like you’re walking on air with Nikes on. I have been seeing a few Youtubers with this pair of shoes and I have been converted. I love how classic these shoes look. I think these shoes are simple, but can give an outfit a good amount of edge without trying too hard. Also, they look comfy AF.
- Ray-Ban Clubmasters – I have been a fan of Ray-Bans for a good amount of years and I own two pairs of Ray-Bans and I want more styles. I have always loved the Clubmasters because of the retro feel of the glasses. I love that these glasses goes with so many trends and outfits. I’ve tried these glasses on before and they are so comfy because of the nose pads and the light design. When you have a flat face like me, nose pads are a God-send.
- Mini Chanel Leather Bag – This Chanel bag is a farfetched reach, but a girl can wish, right? I have always loved Chanel because of the simple and the timeless design. I think that Chanel is a classic brand and a great brand to invest in. I hope that in the future I can work hard and buy a bag for myself. I feel like when I get to that point in my life, I will be very happy.
- Solo 2: Beats by Dre – I have always used the most basic headphones, usually the headphones that come with phone. But since I have had my workout kick, I’ve wanting to get a pair of wireless headphones so that I could be free from the wire. I also like the bigger headphones so that when I am at the gym no one will talk to me because they will clearly see the headphones. Also, I think bigger headphones are comfier than the ones you put in your ear.
- Bomber Jackets – Bomber jackets have definitely made a mean comeback in recent years and I am on board. I remember when the bigger bomber jackets were in and they were pretty obnoxious. But the modern bomber jackets are more slimmer and more streamline than the old jackets. I think these jackets can go with so many outfits and can give an outfit a casual feel. I love how chill these jackets are, but can make you look like a bad ass at the same time.
I hope you enjoyed my current swoons! Till next time! See ya!
Recently, I became very inspired by one of my favorite Youtubers, Estee Lalonde because she recently posted a video about her DIY Denim Jacket. She decorated one of her old denim jackets in pins and patches that express her and her feelings. I loved the idea and thought that I would start a DIY patch and pin project on an old Levi’s jacket that I have.
I started to roam the internet to find some patches and pins that express things I love and things that represent me. I found myself on Etsy a lot because they offer a lot of customizable products and have very unique items as well. I bought a few patches that I though would go well with my project and a few pins. As my search was winding down, I thought I need a few more pins to pull the project together. I stumbled across an Etsy shop called Heartificial and instantly fell in love with their items. Their shop is filled with fun and playful pins, cross stitch items, and other crafty items. I particularly found myself drawn to their enamel pins. They have a lot of your favorite TV characters immortalized as pins. Once I saw the FRIENDS section, I knew I had to have to Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani pins. I instantly ordered them. They arrived in less than a week and right on time with no issues. In the package you receive your items along with a business card with all of their contact info and note expressing their gratitude. Also, the owner wrote a sweet message on the package stating “Thank you Jasmine!”, which I thought was a nice and personal touch from the company. The pins came exactly how they are pictured on the store site. I would definately recommend this Etsy store to anyone. Absolutely love it.
Go check out their store on Etsy! They have a lot of fun and cute items!! 🙂
Thanks for reading! Till next time! 🙂